Sunday, November 28, 2010

Response to Questions
1.  When I was reading this book, I was engrossed deeply. I held on to every word that was printed on the pages. I want to just cry and be thankful that I or anyone else I know didn’t have to experience anything close to what Ishmael had to go through. I wanted to meet this little boy during this time of his life and just tell him that everything is going to be okay. That the war was going to end. That he would not have to see nor experience anymore suffering. This poor little boy had to grow up so faster. He had to do all these things little boys or anyone else should ever have to do just to stay alive day to day. The things that go through his mind everyday probably would drive a person crazy or to suicide.
2.  I was happy about my choice of book because it was so good the way he told his story about a time of his life that was probably very hard to recall. Also this book takes place in Africa which is my favorite place in world. There were parts of the story that I could relate to because I have gone through also. It was none of the bad things though. This book was one of the most powerful books I have ever read. I have so much respect of the author, Ishmael Beah.
3.  The place I found most intriguing was the rehabilitation center because there one can true affects the war has done to this children. The boys would find anything to fight over. Being that one was a rebel and the other was in the military, they would find a reason to shed blood. Even when the children refusing to do whatever the “civilian” workers of the center would tell them to do was just crazy to me. They caused so much destruction and the workers would just forget about it and tell them it not their fault. Even when they said that drove them to more violence but it was amazing how it actually worked out in the long run.
4.  The central ideas the author might be exploring the novel’s themes that things can happen that should never happen but can have good maybe fantastic outcomes. Someone could be going through some things but after those experiences God has destined great things for that someone. It’s like when the world seems to be throwing this and that at you and you think everything’s over but you come out on the other side a better and stronger person.
5.  I felt that I learned so much from doing this project. First of all, I learned what a bog is and had to make my own blog. Before I thought a blog was something people created so they can talk about whatever subject and entertain people. But now I see it’s a thing that gets out information or other people’s view on a subject that not just for crazy people to talk nonsense. While reading the book, I learned the real truth about children soldiers. One can watch a TV show about the subject, but when one can go through that part of their life with them through their eyes is magnificent.
6.  The most enjoyable part of the project was reading the book and creating the diary entries because I had a really good book to read. With the diary entries, we could do our own thing. At first, I really didn’t understand what to do for them but once you do the first one you just stop and continue for a long time and just let our mind go. I like how much freedom we had on this project but that be a bad thing if you really don’t know what to do with that. Also I enjoyed getting to know to author. This man is incredible. It’s amazing how he had to experience all those horrific things and came out on the other side with a smile on his face. Children here go through things that are not even close to things like that and end up in bad places. It’s truly incredible. The way he talks about his journey just makes me want to see and listen for days and he is not that bad looking either.
7.  The most difficult part of the project was the actually blogging or should I say uploading this to the website. I couldn’t really understand to download the youtube videos and uploading them. I found it so hard to find where I put the downloaded videos and look for them to upload. Also I’m not got at working with computers and websites like designing creating them but I will try my best to make it look really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment